Four Artists whose work I Enjoy: Antony Gormley, Martin Poryear, Steven Koharian, Ben Bishop,

Antony Gormley:
I've always been a huge fan of Antony Gormley's sculptures. He somehow manages to express some of the most vulnerable aspects of the human condition through faceless figures made of the least human material.



Martin Puryear:

Martin Puryear's sculptures each have their own strange personality. The forms he creates are so wonderfully constructed they look almost like they grew. It's hard to believe that someone could sculpt them so seamlessly. I was fortunate enough to see a retrospective of his work when I was in college and it's always stuck with me. 


Steven Koharian:
Steven graduated the sculpture program a year ahead of me in college. I love that his paintings don't pull any punches. There's something so brutally honest about some of them that they can actually make me uncomfortable. When I look at them I wind up having these introspective moments because I have to consider why I have the reaction I do.
http://www.stephenkoharian.com 
http://www.stephenkoharian.com 
Ben Bishop:

I was in a couple of drawing classes with Ben my freshman year in college. He always set the bar super hi. Since then he's done amazing comic and illustration work. I make a point of buying a copy of everything he puts out. His work isn't just beautifully drawn it has a personality that makes it really special. What really hooked me on his work though is that he really puts himself into what he does. The comics he writes aren't just action and explosions. The stories touch on very relatable topics. If you haven't already I highly recommend checking out his work http://www.bishart.net/.






Comments

Popular Posts